Office Furniture Warehouse
Office Furniture Warehouse carries new and used office furniture. Starting out in the garage of their home, the family grew the business substantially in the next 10 years, and it now occupies a storefront in Tupelo, MS. The business not only sells furniture to local businesses but has delivered and set up furniture as far as 250 miles away.
We first sat down with the Office Furniture Warehouse management to get a clear picture of their goals for the redesign:
- “Get the phone ringing and the door swinging.” Ricky Reeves (Co-owner)
- Expand sales to include larger organizations that may prefer to lease or finance their furniture.
- Increase organic traffic, allowing them to reduce their paid search ad budget.
- Reach people outside of their immediate local area.
- Improve the look of the website.
- Reduce customer confusion related to used product availability; current visitors were getting frustrated looking at a used item on their website and it not being in stock or available.
- Clearly communicate the many levels of furniture pricing available so the customer can find what works for their budget.
Our redesign was comprehensive, with attention to small and large details alike to facilitate the goals above. A brief summary of changes:
- Created a logo giving them a “finished” look that complimented their signage and other marketing pieces.
- Added multiple pages to the website. Broke down the types of furniture they carry into two main categories, new and used. Each page features a gallery. When the images are clicked, they enlarge, giving site visitors a better look at the piece.
- Established a design projects area to highlight the professional-level skills of their designers. Each project features the new or used furniture used in the project. To assist in their search ranking goals, we included the city where the furniture was delivered and set up.
- Designed a section with featured staff images, and will be adding bios soon.
- Added the phone number at the top of the page to encourage customers to reach out to them by phone. Enabled click tracking of that phone number so we can track how many customers are calling from the website.
- Added a security certificate to the new website so visitors feel safe filling in forms and requesting more information.
- Added testimonials to the website from Google, Facebook, and Alignable allowing site visitors to see how awesome they are.
- Inserted snippets of code throughout the website to increase Google search ratings.
- Optimized their Google My Business listing as well as their Facebook page to promote traffic to the website.
- Created a form for design requests. Often customers know what office space they need to furnish, but are lost on what is needed for the space or just don’t have the time to mess with it. Request form includes an option for them to upload floor plans and technical drawings of the space to be furnished.
- Designed a page for companies to learn how the financing and leasing purchase options work and what to expect. Since they are working with a third party, we created content to help ease them into what to expect when sent to the third parties’ website prior to sending them there.
- Created catalog links to the new furniture vendors they use most often as well as a link to their own catalog.
- hese links are in the main menu as well as on the logos of the vendor on all new furniture pages, creating brand recognition.
- To assist in helping the business come up in organic search results, we incorporated a local search campaign. They were already using Yext for local directory listings, however, there were a few niches and popular directories that were not in the Yext service. We also incorporated snippets of code throughout the website so Google and other search engines would know more about their business and the website.