Search Engine Optimization & Marketing
Search engines want to give their searchers a good experience. Lighthouse Web Design & Marketing stays on top of what they are looking for and delivers it to them. Improving your search results will result in more visits to your website, calls to your business, and visitors to your location.
What is Search Engine Optimization?
Your website must do two things; attract people and compel them to take action.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) does both.
Keyword/Phrase ResearchThe first step is knowing what phrases and words people search for when looking for your products or services. We dive deep into historical data to see how people search for the services you provide and the products you carry.
Search-Friendly WebsitesIt is all about user-experience. At Lighthouse, our websites rank. We provide the search engines what they want to answer visitor’s questions. Once we attract the visitor to your website, we pave the way for them to take action to achieve your goals.
Search-Friendly ContentWe help optimize each page of your website improving the content and copy to not only give your website visitors what they need to decide to do business with you, but to also make the copy search-friendly, so it is found in searches.
Technical SEOHow your website ranks in searches is much more than just words on a page. It involves the structure of the data on your website. We include the sitemaps and snippets of code (Schema markup) so that search engines like Google and Bing can understand what your business is all about and provide better search results.
The SEO Process
1. The Business’s Search Audit
We audit every aspect of your business online. Whether your goal is to attract local visitors or national visitors.
For local business - We look at consistency of your business name, address, phone number. We look at the number of reviews you have, how many and what other websites are linking to your website, as well as the content and structure of your website.
For national or ecommerce business – We look at your current rankings, website structure, content, products, as well as reviews and other websites that are linking to your website.
2. The Action PlanWe devise a plan of action to improve your rankings in search.
This may include any of the following:Edits to copy, site structure, and backend coding
Establish Citations (business listings)
Setup Google My Business and Bing Local
Create content that helps searchers find your business
Establish links on other websites that point to you.
3. Track our EffortsTracking and analysis of our SEO efforts is crucial. It allows us to see small changes along the way as your website improves.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you guarantee results?
- No. Nobody can. We can say that we stay on top of what Google, Bing, and other search engines require as well as changes to the algorithm keeping your website ahead of changes that could affect your search position.
- How quick will we see results?
- Search Engine Optimization is not a quick thing. The search engines want us to prove that we are the best result for their visitors. It takes time to prove your Expertise, Authority, and Trustworthiness (E-A-T) in your industry.
At Lighthouse, we start with the easy wins that will give you a bit of a boost in the beginning. Each month we track our efforts to ensure your business is seeing steady improvements.
- Does Lighthouse do Local Search Optimization?
- Yes. In fact, local search optimization is our specialty. Local search is more of how your business comes up in searches for people in your area. You will benefit from local search optimization if you are looking for more calls, sales, and foot traffic to your local business.
- How much are your SEO Services?
- This varies as each business will have different needs based on their goals and current search rankings. After your audit and when we create a plan for your business, we provide you with a project quote. Based on your budget and how quickly you need to see results, we break this number into a monthly payment for you.
- Do you require a contract?
- Yes. It is wise as a business owner to have a contract with whomever is providing services to your business. We do require at least a 3-month commitment on all our search engine optimization campaigns. As we mentioned earlier, SEO is not quick and it will take time to see substantial results.