Website Design and DevelopmentYour website is often your first impression with your customers and clients. It must get your message across quickly and convey you are the best choice. The experienced designers, coders, and marketers at Lighthouse Web Design & Marketing will put over 20 years of website design and marketing experience to work for you.
Goal Oriented DesignWe design your website around your company’s goals. Whether you are looking to generate leads from your website, sales from your online store or foot traffic to your business, we create the path to get your website visitors to your goal.
Clear & Concise MessageIn today’s world people skim content and make the decision to stay or leave within just a few seconds of visiting a webpage. We ensure that your message and what action you want your website visitors to take is clear.
SEO OptimizedOur websites are built with the core elements needed to help with your search engine position. Well researched keywords, phrases, and the backend coding needed, giving you a jump start on your search engine optimization campaigns.
Website Design Projects
The Web Design ProcessIt may seem a little overwhelming building a website for your business. We work hard to make it as pain-free as possible. We do most of the work but will require your help along the way to provide us with the things we need so your website is effective and works for you.
1. Strategy/Planning SessionThe first step to your website design is a strategy session. During this meeting either over the phone or in-person, we will learn more about your business, your sales/service processes, your products/services, and your success benchmarks.
2. Information CollectionAfter we meet, we will send a list of the items we need from you to design your website. This would include things like your logo, images of your business, products, and staff as well as the content needed for your pages.
3. Design and Development
Once we have your goals and benchmarks, we go to work in the layout of your pages. It is best if we have your content at this point, so we know how much text you have available, image resources, and graphics available.
Writing the copy for your website might seem like a burden, no worries, we have content writers that can assist in all or part of this for you. During our information collection, we may use brochures and other sales material to create the copy for your service or product pages.
If you would prefer to provide the copy for your pages, we may still provide recommendations. These suggestions is so your copy is search engine optimized using the keywords and phrases that will help with search engine position as well as guiding the path to the goal of the page.
4. Testing Phase
Each website that is built by Lighthouse is tested in multiple areas that could affect search rankings and how it lays out on the many devices people use to access the web. These tests include speed tests, device testing, as well as various tests for search engine optimization of the page.
We also offer user-testing prior to launch. While not required, this gives a good indication of how the public will engage with your website and allow us to capture the critical human insight we need to confidently deliver what your customers want and expect.
5. ApprovalIt is time for the great reveal. This is the phase where we review the functioning website together. We first get your feedback on the design and functionality of the website. We want you to take a few days to look things over and request changes.
6. LaunchOnce all revisions are made and final testing is complete, it is time to launch your new website. This includes submitting the pages to Google and Bing, redirect traffic from older pages to new ones (if we had to change page names), and installing tools on your website so we can track your traffic and monitor the health of your website. If you are actively marketing your business on social media, we will also install pixels and code needed for the connection of your website and social media networks.
7. TrainingWe offer training via recorded web conference to show you how to update your website, add news bits, manage your products and orders, and more. This is a live training call where we share our screen and you can ask questions and go over the steps together. We then send you a recording of the training so you can refer to it at your convenience when needed.
8. SupportDuring the first 30 days of your website launch, we will monitor things to make sure things are going as expected and should you choose to make the changes to your website. If you would prefer, we can do this for you as well, just ask about our maintenance plans.
9. Promote ItYour website is now out there for all to enjoy, but it doesn’t stop there. Solidifying your digital presence requires ongoing digital marketing efforts. From search engine optimization to online advertising, our digital marketing team can make sure you get the most out of your investment.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What will you need from us to design our website?
- When we get started, we will send an email with a list of the items we will need for your website. While each website is different, we typically need a logo, branding information (colors, tone, etc.) if available, copy, images, product information, graphics, social media links, etc.
- How long will it take to design and launch our website?
- This depends on your schedule, when you get items to us that are needed for your project, and how quickly you get back to us with questions. Typically, we try to have your website complete within four to six weeks however larger projects may take longer. We will firm this time up prior to the start of your project so you have a good idea of when to expect your completed website.
- Do you require a contract?
- Yes. It is the wisest thing for both you and us. Our contract is simple as it lays out ownership of the website, who is responsible for what, the different elements of your website as well as payment information.
- Who owns the website after you have launched it?
- We have a simple stance on this, once the website is paid for, it is yours. Simple as that. We do not use proprietary software that ties you to us. We may use plug-ins that have an annual fee which we tie into your hosting and maintenance services if you are hosting with us. If you wish to host your website elsewhere, we will include this in the contract or once we are aware that you want to host elsewhere.
- Does Lighthouse offer website hosting services?
- Yes. We offer cost-effective website hosting, backend maintenance, and security which is recommended to keep your website secure and functional, so it continues to work for you.
- Will we be able to make changes to the website after it is launched?
- Yes. If you wish to make content changes to your website, we will build your website using an easy to use content management system. Even though it is easy to use, we will still train you. Our goal is for you to feel confident about posting, adding and editing your website.
We also offer website maintenance plans, if you are too busy to make changes or prefer not to, we have customized plans based on your needs.
- Does Lighthouse build custom websites or purchase themes?
- While we have used bought themes in the past and prefer to custom build a theme specifically for your business and needs. Often these bought themes are code heavy and include things you wouldn’t use on your website. Also, the look of the website could be the same as a competitor, which isn’t a good idea.
- What platform do you build on?